Tuesday 25 September 2012

Back on Blogger

Finally I am able to post - had problems with Google and other sites, so after having scanned and downloaded and deleted I am finally able to get back onto blogger.

It has been almost a month, so a brief update:-

Having the older two home has not been that much of a difference, since they were home during the holidays. Getting into a routine for their learning during the day has been a bit harder, mainly due to Mike starting a new job and starting new shifts.
This week starts a regular shift pattern so we have come up with a new routine (over at My Home Education Diary Blog ).

We have been to the "Not Back to School Picnic" at Dawlish Warren Beach - quite a wet and windy day, but we all enjoyed it.






The Rugby season has started. All going well, played 3 won 3 with Danny scoring a Try at the last match. At the first match a few weeks ago it was boiling hot, the next match a bit colder, last Sunday it was freezing cold, with wind and rain.  So it looks like we will not be getting the Indian Summer we first thought,

So I have finally put all the summer clothes into storage, and am now in the process of getting the children sorted out for winter. Becky was first on the list, having one jumper for winter, and not even a winter coat. After searching the shops for a coat that is suitable for her height, we found a lovely duffle coat, bright red. 

Now, I never thought I would say "lovely" and "duffle coat" in the same sentence.  Having had a hideous brown duffle coat when I was a child, which I hated, I have kind of had a phobia against this type of coat since.  But as my winter coat ripped last year, it maybe that I will be seen once again, 33 years later, wearing a duffle coat.

(just a quick note as my mother reads this blog -  it didn't ruin my childhood, and it was warm, and everyone had to wear one whether they liked it or not - it was the seventies after all) (still have issues about being made to eat faggots though).

Moving on.

Home Ed Group today, looks like it is a rough old day out there, but guess we will brave it.

Louise

1 comment: