Tuesday 30 October 2012

Had to make an unscheduled trip into the City today - discovered yesterday that D's rugby boots had split, less than 48 hours before his County Trials!

Had lots of Halloween crafts planned, but will try and get most of them done tomorrow.  We did however make a start on a Halloween House, (out of a cardboard box) J painted it all black and D made a start on the roof.

So off we plodded, all of us of course as my older two are not sensible old enough to stay at home on their own yet. 

We stopped off at the Uni first, lovely walk amongst the Autumn leaves, and popped in to see Mother of Mine at a Restaurant she manages.   A nice surprise -  she treated us all to lunch - I had Turkey with Port Gravy, so did J (he loves roasted chicken and turkey because of the skin) and B and D had Pork with a lovely sauce (forgotten what it was) but it looked nice.  To top that off we got dessert too - rocky road type cake for me with clotted cream, same for the older two, and J opted for apple and toffee crumble with cream - it was all very nice.

Walked it all off afterwards by trekking into town - silly me wore boots without socks so I blistered (I hate wearing socks - at a push I will wear them if the temperature drops below minus 20).  Hubby finished work at 2pm, so met us to help with the arduous task of boot buying.  D has really wide feet, and as Clarkes do not sell rugby boots, it is always difficult to find boots that fit him.  Found some for £50 (with £4 off from our loyalty card) and my Dad treated him so not so hard on the purse strings :-)

Back home - curry for tea - love my slow cooker, then J went to play on the Xbox with his Dad, which is when I get time to spend with my teen and pre-teen.  We sat and watched the updates on Hurricane Sandy, then they put the Top 40 on,  - and I was lost.  I really am getting old.
They then helped with the roof for the haunted house, which is proving to be a bit tricky.  Hopefully it will be ready in time for Halloween.

Found some great sites for Halloween craft - Small Potatoes has 100+ Spooktacular Halloween Ideas for kids, lots and lots of brilliant crafts to do. Think I am going to go with what I have in the house.

So making spooky lanterns




Tissue Paper Mummies


Ghost, Bat and Spider cakes from Cakes and Scribbles

Skeleton Craft


And carving and painting pumpkins.


J is so excited, and we still haven't got his outfit yet, as he keeps changing his mind - last time I heard he wanted to be a Devil - well how apt - he is a little Devil.

Happy Halloween Eve
xxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment