Saturday 6 April 2013

Easter Break, freezing temperatures and spring like weather


Good Friday

M had to work until 2pm, so had a quick clean up in the morning, and made a quick visit to my parents place.  Wasn't feeling too good first thing, bit coldified and bunged up.

Had fish for lunch of course, and had invited my parents over to have a big roast for our evening meal, but I went downhill in the afternoon and ended up laying on the sofa sneezing and coughing.  Typical.

Saturday felt a bit better, but still not 100%. 

I helped  J make his Easter Garden which he throuroughly enjoyed.  I managed to stop him adding people to the garden, and by people I think he meant his toy soldiers as he reckoned that the garden set looked good enough for a battlefield!


Easter Sunday

Lots of Easter eggs of course, and after Church we went into Exeter to visit M's parents - more Easter eggs.

In the afternoon we went over to the park so James could play football, very very cold. 

Easter Monday

Really really really cold. We had thought about going to the Zoo, but with freezing temperatures we decided against it, especially as we would want to get our moneys worth as it is quite expensive.

Instead we, along with my parents, went to The Waie Inn, which has a great outdoor play area, and inside you can play skittles, pool, darts, chess and it also does quite food food.

I was ace at skittles, but M whipped my ass at Pool. (My mother beat D at Pool too, but I wasn't supposed to mention that)!

Tuesday - M still off, so he painted the living room, B painted the fireplace in her bedroom and I continued to Spring Clean (will be Autumn by the time I am finished.

Wednesday -M off again, this time for the Devon District Festival.  Bit of a weird day, as D was not playing alongside all of his home team, but his team won one, lost one and drew one, so not too bad.

Thursday - M back to work on a 12 hour shift. J and I decided to go for a walk, and while we were out it snowed.

Friday - I took J into Exeter to do a bit of shopping, mainly bras for myself.  It has been a long time since I have been able to buy a bra without having to think about whether it is suitable for breastfeeding.

Anyway, over to good old M&S for a decent bra, and one sexy black number I found in the sale too ;-)

We then popped into the museum where they were holding a craft session for kids "Whacky Animals".  J made a "Dalek Bird" which he was really chuffed with, and I didn't have my camera to take a photo, and by the time I got round to it, the "Dalek Bird" had been destroyed in battle.

M and D went to fitness and training in the evening, I went to the Club and had a drink before coming home for a meaner than mean curry that I had stuck in the slow cooker earlier in the day.

Saturday

The sun was shining, and when it wasn't behind a cloud it really did feel warm.So I cleared up the garden.  When I say garden, it is a small space of decking, enough for a bench and patio table and chairs.  Lots of pots ready for flowers to be planted though, and great views of the countryside as we are quite high up.  As J said, its nice having a garden up in the air.

Today

Up early and feeling nervous for my boys.  The team M coaches and D plays in are in their first ever final today.

Hoping desperately for a win.

Come on boys!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment