Wednesday 17 April 2013

We ended last week with a great day out at the beach.  Not your normal sit on deckchairs type day, but of course, a rugby type beachey day.

Our festival was cancelled early in the morning due to flooded pitches, so as we were all packed with picnics, stoves and blankets, we decided to have a rugby session on Exmouth beach.

Have to say that when we first got there I thought maybe it had been a bad idea.  M set up our little pop up tent, and the stove, but the wind was howling and it started to rain.  All three of of children stayed in the car for about half an hour before they ventured out.

Anyway, as I predicted with my old weather lore fascination, "rain before 7, fine by 11", the sun did come out and it was indeed fine.

Spent the day there, with not a mention of the nearby amusements.  J had a lovely time making sandcastles and covering  his sister with sand


And himself

While Danyny in between rugby matches, jumped from the sand dunes with his team mates



Onto this week.  On Monday and Tuesday it was M's day's off.  We went into Exeter on Monday, bought few things for the tour, and also went to my not so favourite take away outlet, KFC.

We are back into the new term, and both the older two studied Math on Monday before we went out, and put in a few hours on Tuesday, Geography, English and Maths for B, Chemistry, English and Maths for D.

J has been having great fun playing games that I found in the Charity shops. Falling Monkeys, which is like Ker Plunk, but with monkeys instead of marbles, and also Mr and Mrs Potato head play dough board game - sounds complicated - it is. Involves lots of chopping off of heads and other body parts.  I also bought a game which I played with my grandparents when I was younger, called Tell Me.  Its quite simple, but fun, and J had a go at playing that too.

It was also nice at the beginning of the week to sit out in our little garden in the sunshine.  Also went over to the park and library, J on his scooter, and sat in the late afternoon sun.

Wednesday

I thought I would get everything organised for the weekend, and give the house a good clean.  B and D got on with their English, and thanks to Animal Crossing keeping J occupied, I got quite a lot done.

Today

Well, not so productive, and I am grateful that I got lots done yesterday.J was awake during the night, not feeling well, He couldn't get back to sleep so we watched the end of The Empire Strikes Back and then almost to the end of a Harry Potter Film.  So now he is fast asleep.  M is at work on a 12 hour shift, but thankfully my lovely teen, pre-teen have just bought me toast, tea and orange juice.

Sunny out there today - make most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment