Sunday 26 May 2013

J's Birthday and Bank Holiday Weekend

J woke at at 5am on the morning of his 6th Birthday.  As we knew it would be far too early and very cruel to wake his older brother and sister up, we took him downstairs where his main present awaited him

As you can see he was very pleased with it.

Once the older two were up, (he woke them at 6am!) more present opening, then playing and we eventaully all managed to get out of the house to meet my parents for a coffee and milkshake in the Town Square




Then we went to a local Inn, where they have an indoor play area, park, skittles and nice food







Then back home to watch his favourite films and have a Birthday Tea and Batman Cake





On Sunday we went into the City Centre for a bit of light shopping, and stopped off for a latte and chocolate milk in the Cathedral Yard









J had a great time taking photos all by himself








In the afternoon I took J to the park for a paddle in the pool, while M and D met my parents at the local club to watch England V Barbarians




Then we collected our bikes from my parents garage as they have been stored there since we moved a few months ago, they need a bit of repair work, but seem OK. 

I dont have a bike, as B grew way taller than me she needed a bigger bike, so she now has mine, but I tested it out on the hill (stupidly) at my parents place to find that the brakes were not working properly!  I did manage to scrape my feet along the floor to stop myself and thankfully my hard wearing pumps from Primark did me proud.

My Mum had a go on the bike too


Bank Holiday Monday

Lovely weather in the morning.  The boys did up the bikes while we sat in the sun and my parents popped over.  Quick visit to the supermarket and arriving home just before the stormy weather arrived.  It started to rain heavily at 3.30pm and didnt stop. Turned really cold too, even had to put the fire on for ten minutes.

Ended the day watching back to back episodes of Miranda, which J really loves.  Such fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment