Thursday 2 June 2011

Half Term Week/Start of our summer break

So far so good this week - I think :-)

Weather hasn't been to good though, still waiting for the mini heatwave that the forecasters keep promising us, but saying that, today is looking like it could be the start of it.

We have not ventured out much this week, quite enjoying being at home getting things done and just doing nice family things together.

Hama beads seem to be the "in" thing in our house at the moment for all three children, and also scootering and skateboarding down our front path.

Have been doing a lot of greenery culling, since my discovery of a deadly plant in the back garden, and as I sit here typing with James asleep beside me, I can hear Mike outside hacking away at all the Ivy that seems to be taking over our garden.

What else - Athletics - Danny entered a Discus competition, and he did very well and came second in his age group, with a throw of 13m 34.  Becky wasn't too keen on going into the 100m, said she wanted more practice and would enter in the next one in a months time.

I have been putting the finishing touches to my HE report, and have also been engrossed in The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin and am just about to start my own "Happiness Project" .

Should be interesting.

Cool links for today are:-

MapZone - great mapwork resources
Geography at the Movies - short films on  Geography topics
Geography quizes for kids - Lots of quizzes - I got 8 out of 10 on the first one I did :-)

Lou x

1 comment:

  1. Starting your own happiness project? Sounds interesting, I look forward to hearing more :)

    ReplyDelete