Sunday 26 June 2011

Yes, I actually went camping.

Well, in the back garden, but its a start.

About a month ago we decided to look for tent .

 Now, everyone, well, mostly everyone, have always said that I don't like camping because of the roughing it, and where would I plug my hair dryer and straighteners etc but if truth be told, and I am going to tell the truth, I am scared of the dark.  Which is why I have lots of lights left on when I go to bed, I know this is not environmentally friendly, but I do do my bit (do do?). \But I am scared of everything there is to be scared of when it is dark. Bogeymen, burglars, bats, owls (they sound scary) creaks, wolves, foxes, and of course everything that I cant see, that I just know is waiting to get me the minute I poke my head out from under the duvet.

Bored with going on about that now - but I have been camping before, with Mike when I was 26 (pre kids)  and we camped at Camelford which I did not realise until I got there was practically on Bodmin Moor - and we all know what lives there - The Beast.  I was quite scared.

But camping with Mike and the kids out in the garden was a real treat, and I am looking forward to going camping, for two whole days in a week or so.




The above tent was £10 from the local reclamation centre - in good condition too.

We have also been to Trago - bit of a nightmare there as it was heaving, couldn't find what we wanted but did enjoy a ride on the steam train




On Friday we met up with friends and went on the Roman Wall Walk - very interesting.  Had a picnic first on the Cathedral Green, then started on the walk. We managed half of it, so will go back and do the other half another time.

 Our guide telling us where we have to go :-)

 Rougemont Castle



 Where the Moat would have been.


Although not strictly part of the wall, the castle was
an important part of the city’s defences. Built in 1068
following the Norman siege of Exeter, it established a
foothold of control for the Normans over the previously
rebellious citizens of Exeter. This gatehouse is the
oldest standing castle building in Britain.


 This isn't part of the Roman Walk, but had to mention it - a famous pigeon




Ah, at last, a photo of The Roman Wall.

-

Hope you all have a good week.
Louise Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment