Wednesday 21 December 2011

Christmas Eve Eve Eve Eve

I am ready,  I think, for Christmas.

And I have to say I have not done too badly, considering I have had the Plague and also that my youngest child has been ill, and has had to have eXtra eXtra attention from me, whilst suffering with the Plague, and my husband being ill too.

So this week, despite us all still being under the weather  we have managed to get our food shopping done (how much - wipes brow) wrapped all presents, (apart from two that need batteries) just managed to get Christmas cards in the post for the last day (have forgotten loads so will receive less next year) and have managed to fit in a few Christmas Crafts with James.

Today we made our Nativity Tree


Mike helped him make an Fairy for the top of the little tree


Painted some  pine cones



Tomorrow we will try and get round to making a centre piece.

We are alsol ready for a baking session tomorrow, I managed to buy a Christmas cake mix in the supermarket today, it was reduced from £10 to £3, and by the time I got to the checkout it had gone down to £2. Becky will be baking mince pies and biscuits, Danny peanut butter cups  and I expect James will help us all.

Mike finishes for Christmas tomorrow lunchtime, then all being well, we will see if we can go into Exeter late night shopping, not to actually do any shopping, but just to look at the lights, soak up the atmosphere, if there is one, and look at the ice skating rink and hope and pray that James wants Mike to take him on it and not me.

Lou x

No comments:

Post a Comment