Friday 23 December 2011

Christmas Eve Eve

I am ready,  I think, for Christmas.

And I have to say I have not done too badly, considering I have had the Plague and also that my youngest child has been ill, and has had to have eXtra eXtra attention from me, whilst suffering with the Plague, and my husband being ill too.

So this week, despite us all still being under the weather  we have managed to get our food shopping done (how much - wipes brow) wrapped all presents, (apart from two that need batteries) just managed to get Christmas cards in the post for the last day (have forgotten loads so will receive less next year) and have managed to fit in a few Christmas Crafts with James.

We  made our Nativity Tree



Painted some  pine cones
Mike helped him make an Fairy for the top of the little tree (with very goggly eyes I have to say)


Lots of Christmas  cooking going on,  Becky spent yesterday afternoon making cookies with the "help" of James, and she is now making her fabulous lemon cupcakes.  This morning Mike cooked the meat, first thing was the pork, then the beef, and the star of the day The Turkey, is currently defrosting waiting to be cooked tomorrow. This evening I will be making mince pies, and Danny and James will  be icing the Christmas Cake.

Its rather grotty outside at the moment, howling wind and rain, so really glad to have done most of the shopping. Just remembered in time to get the "Santa Stop Here" sign from Poundland and Christmas Sacks.  I think I am ready, just need to get batteries for a couple of toys and maybe a couple more presents for Mike then I am finished, I think, save a few foody items.  (panic panic the supermarkets are shut for one whole day).

Visited my parents this morning and had a nice little Christmas Buffet  as for the first time ever we will not see them at Christmas as they are going to Brighton to spend it with my brother, sister and their partners, so Becky sent them off with some of her lovely Christmas Cookies with orange flavoured icing.

Tomorrow we will be visiting Mikes parents and siblings, then home in time for the Crib Service at the local parish church.

Not long now before I, I mean  James, can start tracking Santa at Norad

Merry Christmas Eve Eve
Louise

1 comment:

  1. so it's NOT just Oliver that calls today Christmas Eve Eve then.....

    ReplyDelete