Saturday 5 May 2012

Chunder Rags, football (makes a change from rugby) and rapping

Going to attempt to update my blog and watch the FA Cup Final while the kids are quiet  (James is wrestling with a giant cuddly Rudloph Teddy, Becky is painting her nails and Danny is watching the football).

We have mainly been at home over the last few days, had a couple of viewings for the house, so been working hard at keeping our home relatively tidy.

James has been quite happy rediscovering his toys, as we had a big sort out, getting ready for new arrivals for his birthday this month.

We have also been baking, James and I made cookies this morning, Becky has made chocolate chip shortbread, pink iced cup cakes, veg and potato soup and Risotto.  Been to the library,read a lot, had a puppet show, did a bit of gardening (in between the showers), James has been dressing up, after I sorted out all of his outfits (about 15), so he has been a Fireman, Storm Trooper, Pirate, Ben 10 and Robbie Rotten amongst others.

We have been singing loads as well, James really enjoys a good sing song, be it nursery rhymes, Cbeebies songs, pop or his most recent favourite, rap.  I had to dance with him to Flo Rida's Low eight times yesterday, and although I am not a great lover of this type of music, I have been humming the damn song all day long.

Had the older two children's Mentor Reports yesterday (Mentor as in Form Teacher). 
Becky - has made good academic progress, and has good grades, and apparently is looking forward to the athletic season so she will get a chance to use her running skills.
Danny - is working hard and has very good grades and is becoming a real asset to the college.

Brilliant

Then over the next two days they both get a detention for the first time.  I had to laugh really, nothing serious, and I am surprised they haven't got one before, seeing as the teachers seem to deal them out willy nilly.
Danny got one due to being a bit rough and he got some lad in the nuts, Becky's was down to being a bit silly in class, something to do with paper throwing.

Which took me back to my school days when we used to throw Chunder Rags. Now I have just googled chunder rag, and it asked me if I meant "chandra rug" so I am thinking that it is just some word my class mates made up at the time.  All it was was a piece of paper, chewed up by child in mouth, then thrown - either at the blackboard, ceiling or if really naughty, a teacher.  When we used to go to the loo, there were always loads of them on the ceiling, sometimes they fell down whilst you were on the loo. 
Well, it was funny at the time.

Anyway, both are happy at school, lots of  Sh1t happens, but we try and deal with that as best as we can, contacting the school when necessary and listening to them both when they have problems (the school love me they really do :-) but at the end of the day a lot of sh1t happened when they were at Home Education Groups too, while the bloody parents were stood there watching. But I wont go into that now.

As for our weekend, spending it mainly at home as Mike is working over the next few days. We may venture out tomorrow morning for a walk or something, weather permitting.  Good to have the kids home from school though (but will I be saying that come Monday evening lol)

x

No comments:

Post a Comment