Wednesday 23 May 2012

Photo A Day May Day 23 Technology

Has to be the Remote Control - not just because it means that I don't have to get off my backside to turn the TV over (this I still have to do because half of the time I cant find the bloomin thing) but because you have so many channels at your fingertips.  Back in my childhood (the good ol 70's), we had 3, yes 3 channels (we didn't get Channel 4 until the 80's - Channel 5 - well, who cares). We couldn't even turn the telly over on the telly itself, there was a switch behind the TV with  A B C - BBC1 2 and ITV and  1 and 2 which were Radio Stations.  Also to mention that there wasn't even anything on the TV until about 9am, and  nothing after Midnight.

So History of my very low tech childhood over, here is the photo of my precious Remote Control (to add - this isn't actually the main Remote, cant sodding well find it - probably down the back of the sofa!).

No comments:

Post a Comment