Sunday 6 May 2012

Gardening, steaming and a man who sounds like a sheep

Had a lovely day today, despite it being a cold start, by 10am the sun was shining and it was quite warm. Mike didn't have to work this morning, the rugby season has ended so  our morning was free.

We spent most of today out in the garden, clearing up the debris from the recent storm, and we ended up cutting down two of our trees, one because most of it had blown down and the other because it was darn right ugly.

Danny started to chop the first tree up for the bonfire

Becky and James  were chilling out

 and painting

Then James and I started to look for shapes in the clouds

Great Britain or a witch on a broomstick
James was all geared up for Basketball

and roly polying
and cuddles with Daddy
cats had a nice day in the garden too



bit scary that last one


We decided to come in for our lunch and settle indoors for the rest of the day, as according to the forecast it was going to rain in the afternoon.

We had our lunch and the kids watched Scooby Doo, while I nagged asked Mike to dig the steamer out of the shed, I have been itching to steam the carpet on the stairs, but he has been reluctant to get it for me to use, he said he was worried as I am clumsy, well, maybe I am a bit, but he is the King of clutz.  Only today he sat balanced on the edge of our little garden wall, when James leaped into his arms he managed to over balance and fall off of the wall into James's wheel barrow, with James still in his arms looking a bit shocked, but unharmed thankfully.

So, I eventually steam cleaned the stairs, occasionally being supervised by Mr Clumsy himself, then I went mad and did the rugs as well.  If we didn't have wooden floors everywhere I think I would have done the whole house, it is very therapeutic. 

It was still sunny and warm outside when I nipped to Tesco and while I was there I bumped into the "animal man", who also is very good at predicting the weather.  He told me that there would be no rain at all in the afternoon, only sunshine, rain tomorrow though, and we are apparently in for a scorcher in June (fog in March and frost in May means it will be hot in June).
He was right anyway, sunny all afternoon without a drop of rain, so we all went spent the afternoon outside until it was time for Mike to set off for his evening shift.

The Animal Man by the way, is named for making Animal Noises, I often here him in the morning while he is riding his bike down the High Street - have a look -



No comments:

Post a Comment